Friday, March 09, 2007

Sitting here and the only thing keeping me smiling is hillary
Well okay maybe dominic a little bit but I hate roughing him up for money
I told teresa someone shot me in the stomach and that I only had one thing I wanted her to do for me, and it was to never have sex with a cancerous ex-baldman (with the GREASIEST of traits and intentions!) , and she said “well,” in that upper new york mid 40’s housewife tone of hers (cigarette in mouth) and the conversation went sour from there. I begged her to stay awake and she paused like mrs. Robinson would (paying no real attention to the question being asked of her, only that she would much rather go to sleep than to drivel on about things that won’t be important come morning), paused that blank indifferent pause and said “I’m going to sleep now, bye”

I called up a couple girls after that but they were complete bummers so I just drove home. Luckily I had been talking on the phone the entire drive back so I didn’t have to wait that much longer before I was in my garage again. And people were there! I forgot what the light looked like around one in the morning outside my garage, where faces glowed and stories spilled out, everyone huddling around due to the curvature of the auras that flew

I woke up this morning feeling completely indifferent about the conversation I had last night (and missed her soggy and unpredictable hashbrowns [and chest!, I know, I don’t mean it, it was just really funny]), showered and lamented the fact that only luke-warm pasty-and-uncomfortable water was hitting my body, and not the relaxing THRUST of wave I was used to when I was home.

And we talked about going the back way (and only she would understand why I could possibly say that) and freezing and clutching arms and pictures
And here I am,
Dozing off in an office like usual, reminding myself of the reasons that I want to see tomorrow

(there are girl scout cookies around, though, so that’s sorta nice)
oh who am I kidding, I LOVE these goddamn cookies! Ha!

Bye
-george

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

have you heard the new modest mouse cd?

it's pretty damn good

2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home