Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Night

I wondered if people look at each other with words instead of feelings or emotions instead of actions, and how different the world would be if one day we all stopped the nonsense and expressed ourselves to others the way we truly wanted. I was with Dasha tonight on one of the most perfect walks of my life, talking about everything brilliant and worthy of time. One could only sit and wonder how much of an effect she had on me. Was I brilliant because I was truly brilliant in my own mind, or was it because of the presence of someone so special and unique and perfect? And were my ramblings about the fifth dimension and parallel universes and how I was in love with her in more than two places at once coming out of my heart or where they coming out of my mind? A crazy person would say out of the heart, and of course, the lunatic is always the one who is respected.

One of the fundamental principles of philosophy is that without the body the mind cannot exist. We live in a world where the mind can only exist inside a physical nature. There is also, however, the possibility that our minds are making all of this up, and really we are living in two worlds, one real and one preposterous (we don’t know this) and in all reality none of this really matters because what really mattered to me tonight was looking into Dasha’s eyes and kissing her and knowing she was there and I was there and that for one wonderful peaceful quiet night we were a whole. We existed together on the dirty cement lying there looking at the stars and feeling like perfect human beings.

And that is one thing I cannot replicate.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ilya said...

Wouldn't it royally suck if she turned out to be a beautiful, wonderful figment of your imagination?

4:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home