Wednesday, March 03, 2004

The man who was fascinated with Winslow Homer let me enjoy the 21st century. I was only at the lecture at St. Mary's College because I'm getting poor marks in History. The speaker was inspired by Homer's sudden love of African Americans near the end of the war. You could tell this guy was serious about Homer, although he did say twice that Lincoln's second inaugural speech was the best work of art during the Civil War.

And then, my stereo woke up and made me want to dance On a Wire. It did not remind me of Teresa, although I have been thinking about what she has been doing lately. Sometimes I'll wake up and wonder what she is doing at that exact moment. She's probably cooking a few goddamn eggs. Tofu eggs.

I have an Improv show at school tomorrow and I am impartial. The ribbon on the wall keeps smiling at me. I don't know what to think.

I had a lot more to say, but I'm sure my hands will dance when they hear Graham Greene cracking jokes again. My mother just asked if she could eat this chocolate rose a girl gave to me on Valentine's. I laughed.

-george

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home