Friday, February 25, 2005

Today I met with my teacher, Mrs. Beetlebaum, after school to talk about my grade in her class. She told me that she was worried about me as I’m getting a D- in her class. I got an A on this story I wrote, but I utterly failed the discussion and test-taking part of the course. What’s really going on is that I’m all too shy (Bashful scolds me for this) and I’m never really motivated to do any of my work anymore. All I want to do is listen to beautiful music and hear her sing.

“Dance dance, I like to dance
I am a flower of romance
Be kind to me and treat me well
Or ill put you under a spell

Ohhhh ohhhh be good!”

Sometimes I have no idea what the hell she’s singing about. It just sounds so pretty that I don’t have to care.

As I calmly walked back to cabin after school, a little fairy whose name I don’t remember stopped me to talk about life.

“What’s wrong, dear?” she asked sincerely.

“I don’t know. I’m not doing what I love for some reason. I don’t understand why.”

“Well,” she said and then paused for a moment before going on, “maybe it’s just that you’re really unhappy about some things in your life, and because of that, you aren’t able to concentrate on the good things.”

“Tell me something I don’t know.”

“Okay,” she said mirthfully. “Um… did ya know that us fairies love to take photos and do ballet? I mean, I could do ballet all day. My fairy parents want me to go to fairy college after fairy primary school, but I don’t want to. I just want to do ballet and be beautiful for the rest of my life!”

I think I almost fell in love with her right there. Then I remembered Snow White.

“Well, that’s very beautiful. I wish I could be like you. I’m very clumsy.”

“That’s okay.” She smiled. “It doesn’t matter what you do, as long as you’re beautiful when you do it. Do you like to write?”

“I’m not very good, but I like to I guess.”

“Well that’s good. You should always be writing writing writing – busy like a bee. I keep myself busy by taking good photos. You should keep yourself busy by writing. It’s very good for you.”

And with that, she sang mellifluously and fluttered away. Incidentally, some fairy dust got in my eyes and I was blind for a while. I had a camera with me, and I shot everything around me with no eyes so I would know what it’s like to stumble around the world blindly.


I never really wrote that much, but I was always taking photos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home