Tuesday, July 24, 2007

my belly is warm and my heart is toasty.
what am i supposed to talk about?

(SEYMOUR and ASURA are sitting around shirtless in ASURA's apartment. Her dogs are licking themselves constantly and SEYMOUR is laughing at this. ASURA puts her head on SEYMOUR's shoulder as they intertwine fingers. They have been talking about insecurities and fear and attraction and former everythings.)

SEYMOUR: You want to hear something crazy about my past girlfriend?
ASURA: Sure.
SEYMOUR: She didn't even like to kiss.
ASURA: That's fucked up!
SEYMOUR: I KNOW.

(SEYMOUR and ASURA have, prior to this, been kissing nonstop passionately and wildly for hours. This is the first time either of them have ever wanted to do something like that for so long, without caring about anything else in the world. [really] As the narrator, I would like to tell you, the audience, that if you could see them kissing you would have a hard time believing that anyone could be more passionate.)

ASURA: *kisses him on the cheek* You're so pretty, you know?
SEYMOUR: mm-hmm... (ASURA laughs) I guess you aren't too bad yourself.

(ASURA and SEYMOUR look into each others eyes, give each other a wry smile after a bit, and get back at it.)

--------------------

the night that prompted it all, aka "i want to KNOW you. i mean know know you, about everything, about-"

(This scene takes place a few hours after the scene at the pizza shop. ASURA and SEYMOUR have been kissing intermittently between conversation for a few hours.This is the first time SEYMOUR has ever felt as attractive as he did, and at the same time, as attracted as he was to ASURA. ASURA is walking him out to his car AND- )

ASURA: *inbetween kisses* So... take the i17 and well ... you... um...
(SEYMOUR doesn't say anything, but uses his hands to let her know he knows already. He doesn't want to let go of her, in fear that he'll lose her the second they stop touching.)

[NOTE about ASURA:
Until this point in her life, she has always sort of put up an emotional protective shield around herself in fear of getting hurt. She is reluctant to let anyone in, in fear that they will leave her because of her own self-inhibitions. She is very self-secure because of her past, but just has a hard time when it comes to OTHER PEOPLE. SEYMOUR speaks -]

(After gazing into her eyes for a long while, SEYMOUR puts his hand on ASURA's cheek and says-)

SEYMOUR: (Really meaning it, never even know what it meant to mean something this much) Asura... I want to know you.
ASURA: Really?
SEYMOUR: Really really, I mean about everything. I don't know what it is, I just think if I don't spend every second with you the rest of the time I'm here I'm going to regret it. Nobody has ever made me feel this good before.
ASURA: *looks at him, closes her eyes and thinks about something farway, and kisses him deeply* I want to know you too.

(They spend the remaining hour exchanging glances and soft touches. Their goodbye seems to be taking an eternity, but neither of them seem to notice. When SEYMOUR finally drives away, ASURA sits down on her couch with her dog TWIGGY and touches her lips remembering.)

ASURA: I hope he calls me, twiggy. I really hope he likes me.

(SEYMOUR, on the other hand, has ten cigarettes in each hand and is trying to replay the entire night back in his head. He WOULD be listening to music reminiscing fondly, but his stereo has been broken for quite some time now.)

SEYMOUR: Fuck... am I in love? What am I DOING? How can someone so attractive and sweet be so into me? Fuck fuck fuck, I'm leaving for EUROPE soon what the hell am I supposed to do? FUCK! (Though he is worrying about the future, he still has a smile on his face. For the first time in a while, he feels PASSIONATE.)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

are you trying to kill me

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home