Saturday, July 14, 2007

How come my meetings are so awkward?

FRAZZLE, a 29 year old muscular dark man, comes out of WENDY'S (Porcupine's 17 year old kid sister) room at about 8 in the morning. PORCUPINE is contorted awkwardly on her living room couch. He is staying with her during his brief tenure in CALIFORNIA. The COUCH makes him look like a flying V with it's smallness.

WENDY: Porcupine, baby! I didn't know you were here, when did you get here?
FRAZZLE (looks at him, uncomfortably, sort of turns to leave): Um
PORCUPINE: UGha WAH? Whaddya mean the sink runs sour? I'll show you what rhubarb looks like!
WENDY: Porcupine, this is my boyfriend, Frazzle. You remember him, don't you?
PORCUPINE: I'M Frazzled! ha ha ha!
FRAZZLE: Um, nice to meet you.
PORCUPINE: FRAZZLE. (suddenly serious) this isn't one of those WEIRD things is it? Because I know every girl goes through one of these things and I don't want Wendy to -
FRAZZLE: Let the playa play.
PORCUPINE: You're not REALLY like that are you?
FRAZZLE: Of course not, I have white suburbanite clients at the gym!
WENDY: Yes, Frazzle is very well-to-do.
PORCUPINE: Care to join me for a drink?
FRAZZLE: I thought you'd never ask! *pulls out a fifth of cognac and starts gulping it down*
PORCUPINE: This is my kind of guy!
WENDY: Save some for me, I still have MORALS to break!

CURTAIN


Note:
I don't really feel this way.
It's a morning writing exercise.






.... okay a little, as a big brother. But you get the point.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home