Saturday, November 01, 2003

God, this is a depressing Saturday.

My grandmother just walked in my room and handed me a bowl of grapes. She had this big smile on her face, and I kind of laughed and I said thank you and kissed her on the cheek, and she left and closed the door. And I looked at the bowl of grapes and I noticed that she tried to pluck all the grapes off of their stems, so it'd be easier for me. And I became very sad because I noticed that the grapes still had tiny stems in them, just not in a bunch anymore, and my grandmother had this big smile on her face when she didn't really do anything. And this morning she walked in my room and handed me a plate of strawberry pudding with whipped cream on it. And it honestly tasted horrible. And that made me very sad as well, because my grandmother used to be an awesome cook, and finally after so long I realize how old she really is now. And all of this wouldn't be so depressing if she didn't always have that big smile on her face when she handed me some food. And there's just that way of her asking me if I'm hungry every ten minutes that makes me nearly teary-eyed, as if she's waiting for death, and the only thing that she cares about is if I'm hungry or not. She loves me too much. I don't think I deserve it.

For Halloween yesterday, I didn't prepare a costume in advance, so I ended up wearing my dad's old clothes. My outfit consisted of a very husky sweatervest, a collared shirt, and dress pants. All way too big for me. I looked in the mirror and I just started laughing hysterically. When the kids at school asked me what I was, I told them I was the "stereotypical asian dad". And not many kids got the joke. But the kids that did get it laughed like maniacs. And I think it's funny that some people didn't want to ask me if the "dad clothes" were my halloween costume because they were afraid that I really dressed like that.

And there's this girl Trish who I've been talking to recently in my Chem and History class. She dressed up as a nurse for Halloween. It was very cute. I laughed when she pulled out her latex gloves after she was done with her Chem test. Which I failed, by the way.

And in History class, Trish always laughs at my jokes when we're working together on something, which hasn't been often, because I've only really started talking to her for a week or so. I think the first thing she said to me was that she ate at my dad's restaurant one time, and that I should tell my dad "thanks for a great dinner," which I didn't. I told her I did though, just to humour her. And yesterday she made me write a rap, so I wrote one about her, and I performed it for her a few other people. What's silly is that I don't listen to rap at all, I just find it hilarious.

The other day Trish was driving behind me when I was going home from school, and I was afraid she saw me smoking. She asked me who was smoking in the car at school the next day, and I told her it was my sister. And we both came to the conclusion that my sister was a jerk and that she smoked. I was laughing about it like a madman because I didn't know what to think. And later I discovered that Trish was the vice president of the Environmental club, which really knocked me out.

The reason I mention all of this is because she reminds me of Teresa in a lot of ways. Except that she's a brunette, and says "she'll fuck up the kid with the highest grade in the class". Maybe Teresa says that. All I know is that I'm supposed to be packing my kid's lunches.

I was going to talk about the Five Iron Frenzy concert I went to last night, but it was seriously just too depressing. Except when I was driving home and called people, pretending I was drunk. I think I've really gotten bored with life. Homework leaves me so unsatisfied now.

cya.

-george

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home