Saturday, October 04, 2003

I remember when I was about six or so, my sister asked me to get her some hot water from the hot water tap (she was about three at the time). The tap was kind of this machine thing that sort of resembled a rice cooker. Anyway, I wasn't tall enough to reach it, so I had to get a chair to step on, and when I was pressing the button for the hot water to come out, I fell and the hot water got all over my hand. And the skin around my thumb kind of burnt off. And I ended up running to the couch and laying there until my parents came and noticed that I had this piece of skin flapping off of my hand.

So at the hospital, they made me sit on one of those bench dealies with the butcher paper on it. I never quite understood the reasoning for the butcher paper, besides the fact that it's somehow supposed to prevent disease. Anyway, I sat there and looked very nervous because I didn't know what was going to happen to me. After I sat there a while, a nurse came in with a bowl of ice water, which I soaked my hand in. It felt like heaven. And after a few minutes, she cut off the skin with scissors.

The reason I bring this is up is because life is filled with consequences, whether or not you acknowledge them. I knew the hot water could have burned me, but I didn't think twice that it might happen. I'm sorry if this next part sounds preachy. I don't want really want it to.

I've been debating lately whether or not God exists, because I haven't been paying much attention to religion. And whenever I think about giving up Christianity, I become deathly afraid of going to hell, and think that God has to exist. I just don't believe in Evolution is all. I'm sure evolution occurs in nature and things like that, but I really believe that someone has to make it happen. Sometimes I wonder if I should just become a Buddhist.

Speaking of which, at work tonight I saw a couple praying before they ate, which amazed me because I don't really see people do that anymore. I'm sure families do it at home and at get-togethers with neighbors and such, but I've never really seen it in public. It was nice, that's all.

And Jessica who works there was telling me how I just stood there and answered the phone, while everyone else was working. And I told her I would get yelled at if I did anything else. And she just kind of nodded and smirked and walked off. And a few minutes later I got kind of upset because I didn't want her to think anything bad about me, because I'd really like to help out more, because I really do hate standing up there and looking like I own the place. Which I do. That's the worst part.

And all of this makes sense when you're driving home without a license, and the nights seem to glow, and the sky appears to be happy.

cya.

-george

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home