Tuesday, November 04, 2003

I'm proud; I finished an essay for English, and I really tried on it. And I don't use italics very goddamn often.

I've noticed that all I do is talk about other people, so I was considering naming this journal the "diary of other people". I'll change the name of it later. I want to talk about the British people now.

Last night I was at work and I was noticing this British family. There was a mother, and her two daughters, just sitting their eating, with their handkerchiefs stuffed in their shirts. It was quite spectacular setting. And the way they ate, it was just marvelous. They would push all of the food to a certain corner of the plate with their knife, and they would press the bottom of the fork on the food, and of high social class, they would slide this bottom-fork food into their mouths. I had this big smile on my face the whole time. This big, goofy smile.

And for some reason, the mother left to do something, so her two girls were sitting on the bench waiting, and one of them pulled out some headphones. I immediately thought that they were for a CD player or something, but what she pulled out next was just fantastic. It was an electronic math game that sort of resembled a flashlight tube. And all she said was, "Hey Anna, would you like to play subtraction with me?". And Anna nodded. So those two goddamn British girls sat there playing subtraction waiting for their mother, with me just laughing. I wish they still had their handkerchiefs stuffed in their shirts at this point in time, because it would have just sealed the deal.

So today I skipped school again, because I forgot to write that essay last night. Ha! I bet you thought that it was due tomorrow. Well it wasn't. I was thinking about how my grades are pretty poor this semester, and how I just don't care, and I was wondering what I was going to be like during my college years. I was just thinking that I would run away to Canada and get free schooling there. I don't know. I think the taxes would just kill me. Plus, from what I hear, extracting milk from a bag seems too tricky a task for me. I'm just not that dexterous yet.

Around 3 in the afternoon, I had to go pick up my sister from school with my mom. We had this appointment in the city to go check up on our eyes, because our doctors said we both had terrible eyesight. Well the nurses said it anyway. So I ended up having 20/100 vision which is terrible, and the eye doctor kept saying how I shouldn't have gotten my license because the DMV eye testing standards were higher than what I could see. And I didn't really know what to say. All he did was go on and on, and he kept making me feel embarassed of how bad my eyesight seems to be now. I really do not want to go back on Wednesday to get my frames adjusted.

I think I want to start "Catcher in the Rye" again, but it's all the way upstairs, and it's getting terribly late, so I think I'll try and finish "Nine Stories".

cya.

-george

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home